My Natural Wedding Makeup
I am very new to the world of makeup. I’ve always been interested in makeup but never knew what to use and never felt confident enough to wear it. Maybe this sounds backwards…Whatever.
Anyway, my very amazing and talented friend Abbie agreed to do my makeup for my wedding. First, we did a test run and I showed her some images from Pinterest that I liked. She did that, on one eye, then I let her do whatever she thought would look good on the other eye.
Of course she’s so smart and I loved what she did even more than I liked what I thought I would like. (Keep scrolling to see how the test makeup turned out!)
Here are all of the products we ended up using!
Natural Wedding Face Makeup
- Shine Killer Primer
- Abbie used this on me and on my sister, and my sister went out and bought it because she loved it so much!
- Bare Minerals Concealer
- My favorite concealer. It’s not too much coverage but I feel like it makes my skin look even.
- Tarte Cosmetics Foundation
- We read that water-based foundations were good for outdoor weddings. It gives your skin a good glow without making you look too shiny.
- NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray
- NYX Finishing Powder
- These two NYX products made me feel confident that my makeup would stay in place throughout the hot weather!
- Milani Baked Blush
I bought this blush from Amazon a while ago and I love it so much. It’s just the right amount of light pink/peachy without being too rosy.
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick
Shade: Nahz Fur Atoo
This was amazing. Since it’s a lip stain, it didn’t smear near as much as a lipstick would. It did a little, because we were so sweaty so I can’t blame it. My dreams of having red lips at my wedding came true because of this product!
Wedding Eye Makeup
Tartlette Palette- In Bloom
I tried this eyeshadow out at Sephora, it became the first real eyeshadow palette I bought! (This was back in November. Not that long ago. I told you I was new to all of this!)
Glossier Boy Brow
I have very large brows. I barely needed anything on them and this was perfect! It made my brows fit in with the rest of my face.
Revlon Brown Pencil Eyeliner
Abbie gave me my first cat-eye eyeliner! I never thought I would be able to pull it off but it turned out so well! I thought the black was too powerful for the rest of the look, so we went with a dark brown pencil and used the smudger a bit.
Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara
Recommended by Abbie. It’s more plumping than I usually go for, I usually just like to enhance the length of my lashes but this worked so well for pictures!
Wedding Makeup Application Tips:
- We used a damp beauty blender to apply my Makeup.
- We skipped the highlighter because it was HOT outside and we figured I’d be glistening enough naturally. (We were right!)
- The shine killer primer from NYX is so good! After the ceremony we barely had to touch up my makeup before the reception. Which is amazing because I cried basically the whole ceremony.
- We also learned that it’s best not to use a concealer that’s lighter than your face/foundation, so that your face doesn’t look washed out in pictures.
Here’s how it turned out when we tested it all! I thought I wanted something more like on my left eye, the lighter one, but when I saw what she did on the right eye I loved it! It was still subtle but exciting and fresh. It was perfect for my Spring wedding.
I hope that sneak peek is enough to tide you over until I post actual pictures from my wedding! I’m working on it, don’t worry.
I’m trying to work on some other wedding blog posts, so you can see how the makeup turned out and everything, but you can take my word for it, Abbie made me look and feel like a princess. And I generally don’t even desire to look like a princess but I did. So, I’ll take it.
I hope this helps anyone looking for wedding makeup inspiration! I use about half of these products whenever I wear makeup, so I think this should be helpful even if you’re not getting married. Let me know if you have any of these products and if you love them as much as I do!